Saturday, August 11, 2007

Prolific - NOT!

Nobody's going to accuse me of being overly prolific on this blog so far, and I apologize to the three of you who have read my blog :), but I've had some distractions over the past month. Good ones, but distractions nonetheless. Mt primary distraction, I am pleased to say, has been the successful sale to a major media company, of InternetSeer, the website monitoring and small business services provider that I formed with Mark McLellan, Kane Bender and Gene McWilliams over 7 years ago. The company grew into being the largest provider of website monitoring in the world and reached profitability in 2003. But with our focus on distributed social networking, it didn't fit with Mind Drivers' current direction. Congratulations to everyone on the Mind Drivers team who made this exit possible.

I've also been spending my remaining time in mapping out the distributed social networking future for YouChoose.net, which, as a destination social network, has been growing rapidly since our beta launch in February. Last month we attracted more than 100,000 unique visitors and grew membership by 70% to more than 17,000. Over the next week we will roll out a series of major enhancements the have resulted from user feedback.